Job Opening: Facilities Maintenance Aide
The Volcan Mountain Foundation is seeking a part-time Facilities Maintenance Aide.
To apply, interested candidates should:
- Download VMF employment application from www.volcanmt.org and submit completed application with their resume and cover letter via email@example.com no later than Friday, January 6th, 2017; Subject line: Facilities Maintenance Position
- Be available for interviews the week of January 9th, 2017, and available to start within 2 weeks of job offer
- NOT phone the VMF office with questions; instead please submit questions about the position via email to Colleen Bradley, Executive Director
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The Volcan Mountain Foundation (VMF) is a nonprofit conservation organization in Julian, California, in the mountains of northeast San Diego County. Established in 1988, VMF is the leader in efforts to acquire and conserve wildlands within the 15-mile long Volcan Mountain range. Its staff, volunteers and community are the ambassadors for connecting and engaging people of all walks and ages with the Volcan Mountain range.
VMF currently owns and manages approximately 400 acres of wild lands on Volcan Mountain. The Facilities Maintenance Aide (FMA) is a part-time position as part of VMF’s team. The FMA has the primary responsibility for maintaining facilities on VMF property to support VMF education, outreach, conservation, stewardship and fundraising activities in partnership with the VMF Facilities Management Committee. The FMA is responsible for performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work, electrical, plumbing, fencing, road, well, septic and solar maintenance and general facility repairs.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Director and lead volunteers. The majority of the time of this position will be spent on and around VMF property, and will make use of phone and email communication.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Electrical, PV Solar System and Generator Repairs and Maintenance
- Carpentry and General Construction, Facility Repairs and Maintenance
- Well and Septic System Maintenance and General Plumbing
- Road Maintenance and Repairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years old and undergo a pre-employment background screening with positive results
- Commitment to and passion for mission of organization
- Ideally, candidate will reside within 25 miles of Julian
- Skills and experience for a variety of trades & knowledge in many aspects of repair and maintenance work
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions, including via email
- Dependability: Regular and reliable attendance is expected
- Ability to work irregular shifts and availability to respond to urgent/emergency maintenance situations
- Must be a team player and treat co-workers with respect
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, and travel to and from sites on and around the Volcan Mountain Range
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, good driving record (must pass DMV background check) and reliable transportation.
- Ability to reach and lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee may be expected to perform. The Volcan Mountain Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hours: 8 hours per week, some weekends. Compensation: Starting at $12/hour